ELM relies on the regular guidance and expertise of three decision-making groups.
Parent Accountability Council
The Parent Accountability Council (PAC) ensures that family voice guides ELM's work. Parents from African American, African immigrant, Asian, Latino, Native American and Slavic communities form the council. In addition to the monthly* PAC meetings, partner organizations convene quarterly culturally-specific Parent Leadership Team meetings for broader parent input.
ELM works with these organizations to provide support and staffing for parents on the PAC:
- Latino Network
- Native American Youth and Family Services (NAYA)
- Self Enhancement Inc. (SEI)
- Immigrant Refugee and Community Organization (IRCO)
The Sector Council creates and implements system-level strategies that allow children to be successful in early grades. Leaders from five key stakeholder sectors—business, health, early childhood, K-12 and social services—make up this peer community that is dedicated to rethinking how the system works for families. The council meets monthly* and regularly collaborates with the PAC to develop strategies that are guided by family voice.
Current members include representatives from these organizations:
- Coalition of Communities of Color
- City of Portland Children’s Levy
- FamilyCare (Coordinated Care Organization)
- Health Share (Coordinated Care Organization)
- Multnomah County
- HomeForward (housing)
- School districts (a representative from David Douglas School District represents other districts)
- State of Oregon Department of Human Services
- United Way of Columbia-Willamette
ELM's Oversight Council, made up of select PAC and Sector Council members, ensures that ELM is meeting its state-funded requirements. The council meets quarterly* to hold ELM accountable to its state contract and work plan, to allocate funds, and to review outcomes of ELM investments.
Oversight Council members are:
- Michael Anderson-Nate, HealthShare
- Tou Cha, Multnomah County Department of Human Services
- Tatiana Gladis, PAC member
- Petra Hernandez, PAC member
- Lam Hoang, PAC member
- Lydia Gray-Holifield, PAC member
- Rachel Langford, Home Forward
- Rayna Thomas, PAC member
*Council meetings are open to the public with prior notice. Please contact Amanda Friese for more information.